If there are two appliances that no kitchen should be without it would be vacuum sealers and electric pressure cookers. Both of these powerhouse appliances can save you money (and who doesn’t want to do that?).
One of the best ways to save money at the grocery store is to buy in bulk. But most people can’t eat 10 pounds of hamburger in a week (nor do they want to!) Instead, use a vacuum sealer to pack and seal portions to put in the freezer.
So why not just use freezer bags? They may be ok for the short term, but they are not an ideal solution for most foods. The key is to make sure that there is no air in the bags; if air is allowed to get in, the food gets freezer burnt. Once that happens the food has to be thrown away, as it will not taste right and could potentially contain harmful toxins.
A vacuum sealer solves that problem by sealing your food so that it tastes just as fresh from the freezer after two weeks as it did on the day you bought it. Here are some of the best models currently available on the market:
- FoodSaver FM2000-000 Vacuum Sealing System: Its compact size and practical price make this a popular choice for consumers. Features include an easy-latch closure and a 5-year warranty.
- FoodSaver 4840 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System: This model is slightly larger but is great for sealing canisters as well as bags. Other features include a rapid marinade mode.
- FoodSaverGameSaver Deluxe Vacuum Sealing Kit: This was designed with the hunter and sportsmen in mind. The press-and-release lever allows for hands-free operation when sealing game meat. It is also equipped with a built-in cutter and roll storage.
Electric Pressure Cooker
These appliances aren’t just for cooking up a mouth-watering rice dish. They can be used for just about anything including meat, vegetables and stews. These are great for making large batches of food and then freezing them (with your vacuum sealer of course!).
Here are some of the most popular models:
- Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker: This six-quart capacity cooker provides lots of space for cooking veggies and meat. It is dishwasher safe and easy to clean. Other features include a cover lock indicator to show internal pressure.
- Futura by Hawkins Hard Anodized 5.0 Liter Pressure Cooker: This cooker is available in various sizes and is known for durability even with consistent use. Features include a locked safety lid and a safety cool handle.
- Cuisinart CPC-600AMZ 1000-Watt 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker: This has a large six-quart capacity and is designed to cook quickly without compromising on taste. Features include various pressure cooking settings and push button controls.
If your budget is limited and you can only choose one or two small kitchen appliances, vacuum sealers and electric pressure cookers should be at the top of your list. They are made to last and are sure-fire money savers on your grocery bill.Social tagging: Electric Pressure Cooker > Vacuum Sealer